TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“Be our Miss Kawaii” Photo Contest
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) carefully before entering. By the entry in the contest, you (“YOU”, OR “PARTICIPANT”) signify your acceptance of and your agreement to be bound by this T&Cs and any amendments hereto, which shall be final and binding on you. Amendments to the terms and conditions will be posted on the Site.
This Contest is organized and hosted by Pentel (Singapore) PTE. LTD (“Organizer”) from 11 December 2017 at 09.00 hrs GMT +8 to 28 February 2018 at 23:59 hrs GMT +8 (“Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open only to all female residents of Singapore. Participants below the age of 18 shall obtain the necessary consent from their parents/legal guardians before participating in this photo contest and submitting any personal information, and shall furnish such proof of consent should Organizer requires it.
- Employees and immediate families of the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, advertising and media agencies associated with this contest are not eligible to enter.
- Corporations or other entities are also not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- The Contest will commence on 11 December 2017 at 09:00 hrs GMT +8 and will end on 28 February 2018 at 23:59 hrs GMT +8 (“Contest Period”).
- Entries are deemed void if the Organizer determines that an Entry is not original, or if an Entry is illegible, incomplete, altered, irregular, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
- There shall be six (6) grand prizes (“Grand Prize”) and twenty (20) consolation prizes (“Consolation Prize”) to the photo contest.
- ❖ Grand Prize: Entered Photo to be featured in The Straits Times plus a FREE Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Combo Kit [Colours of the camera will be given at random] each.
- ❖ Consolidation Prize: SGD$90 worth of Pentel items each.
- The Winners will be notified via social media and/or e-mail and/ or the contact details provided in the entry to the Contest by the Organizer within 7 working days after the closing date of the Photo Contest.
- In the event that the selected winner is ineligible, cannot be traced or does not respond within five (5) days to a winner notification or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and the Organizer, in its sole discretion, may choose to award the prize to another participant.
- Winners shall collect their prize along with their original NRIC prior to the collection of the Prize within the collection period and at the appointed venue specified by Pentel (Singapore). The Winner shall comply with any instructions specified by Pentel (Singapore). In the event a winner fails to collect a Prize within the collection period and/or fails to comply with any other instruction or condition specified by Pentel (Singapore), the Prize may be forfeited at Pentel (Singapore) absolute discretion.
- All prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or refundable for cash. If due to circumstances beyond the Organizer’s control the Organizer is unable to provide the stated Prize(s), the Organizer reserves the right to award a substitute Prize of equal or higher value.
- Actual Prize may differ from the image shown anywhere during the contest or in any communications or publications relating thereto.
- All results and decisions made by the Organizer in relation to the contest are final. The Organizer will not enter into any correspondence regarding the results. Participants acknowledge and accept that there is no intention to create any legal relations between the Organizer and participants of this Contest, which is a promotional event. Participants entering into this Contest hereby waive any legal rights, if any, to enforce against the Organizer, its agents or employees in relation thereto.
- By entering the contest, the participant agrees to participate in all reasonable media publicity relating to the event and the award of the prize, prior to and after the prize has been received by the winner. This includes being featured on social media as determined at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- In the event that the Prize incurs any tax liability, such tax is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Entries are to be submitted through [https://www.pentel.com.sg/kawaii-contest/] starting 11 December 2017 at 9:00 hrs GMT +8 to 28 February 2018 at 23:59 hrs GMT +8.
- Each Entrant/Email account is limited to 1 entry only.
- Entries are to be completed with the correct information, the entry will be considered incomplete and therefore invalid if failing to do so.
- The image must be taken in Portrait and submitted in JPEG format.
- The photo should be at least 3,000 pixels wide and not larger than 5MB when uploaded to the contest page.
- Images should not include any borders, watermarks, identifying marks, signatures, and names.
- If shortlisted, Winners must be able to supply the image at their highest resolution upon request.
- All submissions shall be subject to the approval of the Organizer, which has the sole discretion to disqualify any submission as it deems fit, including but not limited to photographs which:
- contain obscene, provocative, objectionable, defamatory, inappropriate, or illegal content;
- contain content which is irrelevant to the Contest;
- do not comply with these Terms and Conditions; or
- are not original works of the Participant.
- Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality and overall impact.
- The Winners will be chosen at Organizer sole discretion.
- All images submitted must be the original work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each contestant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective contestants. However, in consideration of their providing the Contest, each contestant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to the Organizer to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected with this contest.
- The Organizer does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
Use of Personal Information
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including, but not limited to, indirect, consequential loss including death) or costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances as a result of or arising out of, or in any way connected with this Contest.
- The Organizer reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual believed to have undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Contest, the entry process or the relevant website.
- If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest.