Pentel Colour Brush Manga Contest! [CLOSED]
28 Mar, 2018
[CLOSED on 22 April 2018, 23:59:59 hrs]
Thank you so much for all your participation!
Do stay tuned to this page as we will announce the 10 shortlisted participants here!
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) carefully before participating. By participating in the Contest, you (“YOU”, or “PARTICIPANT”) signify your acceptance of and your agreement to be bound by this T&Cs and any amendment hereto, which shall be final and binding on you. Changes to the terms and conditions will be posted on this site.
This Contest is organised and hosted by Pentel (Singapore) Pte Ltd (‘Organiser’).
1. Eligibility and Restrictions:
• The Contest is open to all residents of Singapore.
• Professional artists who have previously published artworks/manga or comic in major books, newspapers, etc.., are not eligible for this Contest.
• Participants below the age of 18 shall obtain the necessary consent from their parents/legal guardians to his/her participation in this Contest, and shall furnish such proof of Contest should organiser requires it.
• Employees and immediate families of Pentel (Singapore), its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, advertising and media agencies associated with this Contest are not eligible to enter.
• Corporations or other entities are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
• The Contest will commence on 30 March 2018, 12:00 AM (SGT) and will end on 22 April 2018, 11:59 PM (SGT).
• Entries are deemed void if the Organiser determines that an Entry submitted by an individual is not their original work, or if an Entry is illegible, incomplete, altered, irregular, counterfeit or obtained through fraud or theft.
2. The Contest
• Participation in the Contest is free and not limited to age restrictions.
• Each participant is limited to 1 entry only, if a participant is found to submit multiple entries, only the first entry will be eligible for the Contest.
• The artwork must be done or drawn using Pentel Colour Brush (XGFL), and you may choose to complement with other Pentel Products or products from other brands of your choice (highly appreciated if artwork consists larger usage of Pentel Products).
• The artwork must strictly follow the Contest Theme as Japan.
• The artwork must be drawn on an A3 Size drawing block/pad paper (smooth surface) preferably 165 gsm or above, and the drawing should cover at least 80% of the A3 size paper.
• The artwork submitted must be the participant hand-drawn original work.
• Participants should not submit works that have been offered for sale, published or publicly exhibited. Pentel (Singapore) may, at its sole and absolute discretion, make exceptions for works by art students which have been exhibited at their respective school graduation shows but which have not been offered for sale, published, or exhibited in any other form.
3. How to enter
The only way to enter the Contest is by uploading your entry [clear scanned image or photo of your artwork] on Instagram with:
1) hashtag #MangawithPentelColourBrush
2) Tag @ PentelSingapore
3) Keep your account/profile public
4) Submitting your entry from 30 March 2018, 12.00 AM (SGT) and not later than 22 April 2018, 11.59 PM (SGT).
4. The Prizes
> 1 X Grand Winner ———————– ^¹ Offered by Pentel (Singapore) to co-produce (1) promotional video for Pentel (Singapore) or its subsidiaries all around the world for their marketing promotional video
+ cash prize of S$888.
> 1 X 1st Runner-Up ———————– ^² S$300 worth of Pentel Items
> 1 X 2nd Runner-Up ———————— ^³ S$200 Worth of Pentel Items
^¹ Details of the co-production of the promotional video will be shared at a later date. To be entitled to the prize of the Grand Winner, the Grand Winner will have to be able to commit to the production of the promotional video otherwise all prize will be forfeited. Winner shall collect the prize along with their NRIC prior to the collection of the Prize within the collection period and at the appointed venue specified by Pentel (Singapore). In the event a winner fails to collect a Prize within the collection period and/or fails to comply with any other instruction or condition specified by Pentel (Singapore), the Prize may be forfeited at Pentel (Singapore) absolute discretion.
^² The credit of S$300 worth of Pentel items are valid for one (1) year, the winner can utilise the credit at multiple occasion, but within a year from 6 May 2018, unused balance will be forfeited upon 5 May 2019. The S$300 worth of Pentel items are only for use to the Winner and not allowed for sales.
^³ The credit of S$200 worth of Pentel items are valid for one (1) year, the winner can utilise the credit at multiple occasion, but within a year from 6 May 2018, unused balance will be forfeited upon 5 May 2019. The S$200 worth of Pentel items are only for use to the Winner and not allowed for sales.
5. Judging Guidelines
• There shall be two (2) rounds of selection before determining the final winners.
Pentel (Singapore) will shortlist 10 Participants from the entries we have received on Instagram based on their relevance to the theme (Japan), artistic excellence, composition and technique. These 10 participants will have their artwork showcase on 5 May 2018 at the Doujin Market Event for the 2nd round of selection.
The Winners will be selected through public voting by the visitors of Doujin Market on 5 May 2018 and our Invited Judge, Ms Rachta Lin, an artist of over 20 years of experience. Ms Rachta will be given 100 votes, and she can allocate her votes in any amount to 1 or more participants who she thinks deserves to win.
The participant with the highest vote will be chosen as the grand winner and subsequently the 1st and 2nd runner-up.
Should there be the same amount of vote among the participants, Pentel (Singapore) reserve the absolute rights to determine the final winner/s. The decision of Pentel (Singapore) is final. No correspondence will be entered into on this subject before, during, and/or after the Competition.
The Organiser reserves the right to reject entries or cancel awards for any of the following reasons:
• Entries that violate the terms and condition of the Contest.
• Entries that are offensive in nature or obscene or illegal as determined by the Organiser in its sole discretion.
• Entries that infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights [such as the use of existing/licensed characters], or that violate someone’s privacy.
• Entries that promote illegal activities, suicide or other offensive subjects.
• Entries that are unrelated to this contest.
• Anything else that the Organiser deems unsuitable as a contest submission.
6. Announcement of Results
• 10 Shortlisted participants will be contacted via their Instagram account on or before 24th April 2018. The 10 Shortlisted participants will have to reply by 27 April 2018, 2.00 PM (SGT) following up with the submission of their hardcopy artwork to Pentel (Singapore) Office or as suggested by 3 May 2018, 5.20 PM (SGT) otherwise they will be forfeited, or another participant will be chosen.
• The Grand, 1st and 2nd Runner-Up Winner will be announced on 6 May 2018 at the Doujin Market, Suntec Convention & Exhibition Center, Hall 406. Pentel (Singapore) will inform the Winners by 9 PM on 5 May 2018, and they will have to be present at the Prize Presentation held at the Doujin Market from 2 PM to 3 PM.
7. Copyright/Intellectual Property
• All submission materials submitted to Pentel (Singapore) in accordance with these rules and regulations must be original works of the participant. The participant must also be the owner of all submitted materials.
• Copyright in all artworks submitted for this competition remains with the respective participants. However, in consideration of their providing the Contest, each participant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to Pentel (Singapore) to feature any or all of the submitted artwork in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected with this Contest.
• Pentel (Singapore) does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced works.
8. Acceptance of Rules and Regulations
• Submission of entries signifies acceptance of the rules and regulations of the Contest. While all possible care will be taken of the entries submitted, Pentel (Singapore) assumes no responsibility for any loss of or damage to the entries before, during, and/or after the Contest.
9. Use of Personal Data
• By participating in this Contest, the Participants agrees to allow Pentel (Singapore) and its related corporations, and their agents, to share his/her personal data among themselves, to collect and use the data, and to disclose the data to the Companies’ authorised service providers, for the purpose of contacting the participants to discuss exhibitions, publicity events related to their artworks and other art events.
• The Organiser shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including, but not limited to, indirect, consequential loss including death) or costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances as a result of or arising out of, or in any way connected with this contest.
• The Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual believed to have undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Contest, the entry process or relevant website.
• If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection, computer virus, bugs, worms, Trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest, the Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest.